The mission of BYU—Hawaii Testing Services is to help faculty, students and community measure academic and individual progress, including personal interests and career potential through accomplishing the following specific goals and objectives:
Operation and Management of Facilities
- Operate Testing Center facilities that are available at convenient times to serve both faculty and students and to increase faculty instructional time and student contact.
- Monitor all out-of-class testing at designated testing facilities on campus which includes the Testing Center, Computer Testing Room, satellite testing areas during peak usage times, placement testing areas, and other special group testing.
- Schedule, administer and/or score both out-of-class and in-class tests according to instructions and guidelines established by both faculty and the BYU–Hawaii administration.
- Follow strict test security procedures and maintain the confidentiality of all testing materials and faculty reports.
- Archive testing data needed by students, faculty and the BYU—Hawaii administration.
- Select, train, and supervise Testing Center personnel.
Improve Instructional and Testing Quality
- Generate faculty reports on results of tests administered and/or scored by Testing Center personnel.
- Provide training and other information necessary to familiarize and assist faculty and administrators with the use of testing facilities and resources available on campus, which are designed to improve instructional quality.
Provide Other Testing Services as Needed
- Coordinate and administer Foreign Language and Independent Study tests for students and community.
- Provide other testing, assessment, and evaluation services as needed to assist BYU—Hawaii students, faculty, and/or staff, as well as the community.
What you must bring?Your BYU–Hawaii ID or a photo ID (No ID, no test)
Your own Number 2 pencil(s) and pen
A jacket or sweater in case you get cold
Information needed to check in:Your teacher's name
Course name (section # may be needed occasionally)
Name of test
- Items NOT permitted in the testing area: Notebooks, bags, backpacks, purses, hats, watches, food, drinks, radios, cell phones, tape recorders, and other electronic devices.
- The University is NOT responsible for any personal items you leave on the shelves.
- The last test is given out 60 minutes before closing. Also, all tests must be completed at least 5 minutes before closing.
- Absolutely NO talking, eating, or drinking is allowed in the testing area.
- You must abide by the University's Code of Honor and Dress and Grooming Standards. Any cheating, plagiarism, or use of any unauthorized aid will be reported to your teacher and/or the Honor Code Office for disciplinary action.
All students are required to obey the University's Dress and Grooming Standards. Remember that your attire and behavior reflect the dignity of both BYU—Hawaii and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Note: Those not abiding with the standards will not be able to take a test at the Testing Center.